Bodybuilding

I have competed in two bodybuilding shows in the bikini division. I have learned more about the human body and what it can do in these two competitions than I ever thought possible. My first show was the Slippery Rock University Mr/Ms SRU Bodybuilding show. I went though a 25 week show prep that I will never forget. I got in great physical shape and loved every minute of it. I took 2nd in the closed bikini and 1st in the open bikini division which seemed like the most rewarding part of competing. Doing shows is both physically and mentally tasking. The show prep itself is only really hard because of the mental part of it. Every day I had to be stronger than the next to constantly get up and do what I had to do regardless of how tired I was. I had to tell myself every day that I cannot eat something that I wanted because what I do now affects my goals. I had to tell myself every day that it got hard, that I can be better, and I got better. Without doing the shows I did, I would not be as strong mentally as I am today. I would not be able to juggle as much as I do today without the mental readiness I had to have during the show time. Every day I am blessed to know the things I did during my college experience is making me into professional teacher I want to be. Competing is more than just winning, it is about becoming the best you can be and knowing all of the hard work you do can affect everything else in your life. After I did two shows though, I decided that was enough and I moved into new forms of physical activity which I will talk about in my next blog.

Comments